We’ve got some bittersweet news. The sweet part: Spencer and Jordan rejoined us for another terrific episode. The bitter part: it’s our last ever Off the Chain. This week, our old friends and frequent guests Spencer and Jordan come back for one last ride, in which we give some pro-level small talk advice (including, for the first time ever, a list of topics to avoid), do a segment of Lost the Plot with the classic rom-com Death Race 2050, answer questions from our beloved listeners, and play conclusion worthy music by Beck, Blue, The Beatles, Tom Brosseau, and Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth.
Our deepest thanks for following us over the past few years, everyone. We’ll be back soon with a new podcast, which we’re planning to call Theme Song.
Topics to Avoid
- ‘My kid has lice’
- ‘So, it turns out it wasn’t a mole it was a tick’
- ‘So, let me guess that person’s ethnicity or country of origin’
- ‘How do you feel about your mother?’
- ‘Make America great again’
- ‘Your teenage daughter is very attractive’
Topics to Address
- KFC Zinger — Dave
- The recent “Reply All” computer scammers from India podcast episode — Steel
- The Idaho squirrel that thwarted an attempted burglary — Spencer
- Saturn’s moon may be supporting life — Jordan
Unchained Melodies — Songs about things coming to an end
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
–James P. McCartney
Featured image: Dave and Spencer in the Santa Cruz Mountains earlier this summer.