This week Dave and Steel are joined by their old friend Jordan to discuss Dave’s recent move to a small town in Arizona, cover some small talk topics, describe some extraordinary feats of human endurance, great advertisements featuring pro athletes and attorneys for local markets, induct the newest member of the OTC Hall of Fame, share great music from The Bacon Brothers, Arcade Fire, Stan Rogers, The Tragically Hip, Fujima and Miyagi, and Kenny Loggins, and share a wrenching poem by John Levy, a Tuscon-based poet who works as a public defender.
- All the movies that Jimmy Carter watched while he was President of the United States of America.
- Sneakerhead Culture, Youtube reviews, and white nerd appropriation all combine in the person of Brad Hall, sneaker reviewer.
- Paleoanthropologists unveil the recovered fossil evidence of specimens they’re calling Homo naledi.
To the Limits
- Terry Fox ran with one leg across Canada to raise money for cancer. The 30 for 30 documentary Into the Wind tells his story.
- Filip Müller was a Jewish prisoner of Czech origin who was forced to serve on the Sonderkommando in Auschwitz. He was one of a very few crematorium workers to survive Auschwitz.
- Hesham Modamani and Feras Abukhalil, two Syrian refugees who recently swam from Turkey to Greece.
Great Moments in Advertising History
Scottie Pippen for Submarine sandwiches
Some Incredible Lawyer Commercials
OTC Hall of Fame
This guy is incredible. Just watch his videos and you’ll understand.