This week Dave and Steel are joined by Dave’s old neighbor Matt Brown. Together the trio discuss their coldest ever nights, cover some important small talk topics (French Scrabble champions who don’t speak French, achievement beards and Bastrop, Texas’ Chicken Refuge), have the first ever segment of OTC Debate, and play great Wonka-approved music from Mary Lou Lord & Semisonic, The Flaming Lips, The Silver Jews, Cibo Matto, Woods, and Abner Jay before Dave closes the episode with some book wisdom from Roald Dahl’s classic children’s book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- The French scrabble champ speaks no french [Matt]
- The achievement beard [Dave]
- Bastrop, Texas and their protected wild chickens [Steel]
- Willy Wonka: artistic genius or weird candy guy?
- Poems should rhyme or maybe they don’t have to?
- Cursive: let it die or teach the children?
- Apes or Bears?
- Kenny Rogers or Dolly Parton?
- Magic the Gathering: cool or uncool?
- Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel?
- Turtles or tortoises?
- Should the NCAA pay its student/athletes?
Listen to the episode for our hot takes on these pressing issues!
Unchained Melodies: Songs Willy Wonka Would Dig
This week’s book wisdom comes from Roald Dahl’s classic children’s book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Featured image by JaredFrazer