Dave’s old neighbor Rosie joins us for our latest episode, in which we discuss times we pretended to be something we weren’t, share some small talk stories featuring some incredible characters, describe some of our most memorable literary personas, take some ‘everyday questions’ with Rosie, play great songs by The Cure, Led Zeppelin, Phish, Jefferson Airplane, Bruce Springsteen, and Loggins & Messina, and hear some book wisdom from Benjamin Hoff’s wonderful little book The Tao of Pooh.
- A man has developed a bacteria spray so that he doesn’t have to shower. He looks exactly like you would expect him to.
- An 80+ year old rural Georgian woman named Serpentfoot Serpentfoot wanted to change her name to a 101 word phrase, but a judge rejected her petition.
- Celebrity marathon completion times.
OTC Literary Characters
- Judge Holden from Cormac McCarthy’s Blood Meridian [Dave].
- Boo Radley from Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird [Steel].
- Mersault from Albert Camu’s The Stranger [Rosie].
Rosie shared the foreward to Benjamin Hoff’s philosophical classic The Tao of Pooh.