This week Dave and Steel take a page from the Oprah playbook and discuss some of their favorite things from 2015. They also tell some stories about their kids, share great music from their favorite musicians: Pavement, Damien Jurado, Wilco, and M. Ward, and Steel reads George Oppen’s poem “Psalm.”
We’re going to be taking next week off, so enjoy this one for the next little while. Here’s our plan for the rest of the year: on Christmas Eve we’ll release a very special present: Dave’s 2015 family spoken word Christmas album, and we’ll have a New Year’s Eve episode with the year in review (our Best of 2015 episode). Hope you all have a safe, loving December.
Our Favorite Things
Live Performance Experience
Penis Shaped Bread Tridents
- Dave – The one Oprah recommends. The best review I saw was by Adam W:
For years, I’ve searched the internet for assorted-size bread penises. When I have found them, they’re either way too expensive or uncircumcised. Well, now I don’t have to worry about that. This is one amazing bread penis set. The best part is the single penis with two heads that tangles itself to form the base of this treat. I can’t wait to gobble down every inch of this.
- Steel – I’m partial to the bread penises baked by WeedPriest, a former Subway employee [Steel]
- Dave – The salt Oprah recommends: Great Salts And Functional 3-Tier Salt Storage Unit
- Steel – Gandhi’s salt
Mail order Catalog
- Dave – Giraffe
- Steel – Otter or capybara
- Dave – May
- Steel – December
Matching Family Pajama Set
Hat for a dog
- Dave – The one Oprah recommends: American Beagle Outfitters – Antler Beanie.
- Steel – The one that the Grinch puts on Max to make him into a reindeer.
Dance Party Song
- Dave – Lotus Flower – Radiohead
- Steel – Kiss – Prince
Place to take the kids on walks/outings
- Steel – The lakeshore nature trail
- Dave – The high school track in Snowflake
- Dave – that one about the guy in WWII talking to the shop keeper [it’s by Charles Reznikoff — ed. note]
- Steel – Psalm – George Oppen
- Steel – Oliberte shoes
- Dave – Socks
Unchained Melodies: Favorite Musicians Edition
Steel shared his favorite poem: George Oppen’s “Psalm”