This week Dave and Steel are joined by Dave’s gaming buddy Zac Beus. Together the three discuss their nerd bona fides, Zac and Dave’s love of board games, a few of Steel’s numerous fringe Game of Thrones theories, and share epic fantasy music by Leonard Nimoy, Rick Wakeman, and Ninja Sex Party, and drop some book wisdom by George R. R. Martin.
- Tony LaRussa Baseball 2 was dope.
- The list of historical Spiel des Jahres [annual board game awards] award winners
- Board Game Geek lets you talk about and trade board games you own/want to own.
Board Games We Recommend
- Viticulture, Tuscany, and Scythe (all from Stonemaier Games, a legend in the Kickstarter backed tabletop gaming world) [Zac]
- Power Grid [Dave]
- Ticket to Ride: Europe [Steel]
Game of Thrones
Our rightful king
Our religious leanings
- R’hllor, the Lord of Light (almost picked The Old Gods, though) [Zac]
- The Old Gods (almost picked the The Drowned God, though) [Dave]
- The Many-Faced God [Steel]
Our favorite Character
Unchained Melodies: High Fantasy Edition
We shared some frequently highlighted passages from George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones book series.