This week Dave and Steel are joined by Dave’s physicist friend Jason. Together the three of them discuss proton therapy, Jason’s top three physicists of all time, describe the new “Physics Hair” calendar they’re working on, answer Dave’s questions about fringe physics concepts, give parenting tips, play science-themed music from The Flaming Lips, Elton John, They Might Be Giants, Modest Mouse, Coldplay, and William Onyeabor, and share a classic story from Steven Hawking’s A Brief History of Time.
Great Physics Hair Gallery
- Young Tesla & Seductive Tesla
- Formal Isaac Newton + relaxed Newton
- J. Robert Oppenheimer – sweet look.
- Hans Bethe AT DINNER: http://blog.nuclearsecrecy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/bethe_hans_c25.jpg
- Michio Kaku
- Dr Sylvester James Gates
- Ashoke Sen
- Peter Higgs
- Richard Feynman
- Abdus Salam
- Max Planck: before & after
- Robert Hooke
- Rolf-Dieter Heuer
Unchained Melodies: Songs about Physics